Jun 9, 2013

Swatch: Geek Chic Cosmetics - Big Damn Heroes-collection

Big, damn heroes, sir. 

I'm so full of things to say and write just about know, I don't even know where to start! I guess I'll have to start with the brand..
Victroian Disco Cosmetics is one of my favorite brands, and the reason I love indie brands, all though I have not tried any other brand except for VCD. So I branched out, cheated on VCD and went looking on a site that belonged to Geek Chic Cosmetics. I did not actually know what I wanted to buy (you know when you have a looot of shadows, you start looking for the ones that stand out a bit more?) but then I saw the icon that said: Big Damn Heroes. I hardly even looked at the shadows, just clicked "Buy collection" and got so excited I nearly screamed. 
Big, damn heroes, sir. This quote belongs to one of my favorite shows; Firefly. There's no telling how much I love that show. It's just so awesome in every way. My heart breaks every time I think of it, and I want to start screaming BRING BACK FIREFLY!!!! And know I did.
End of my nerdy firefly crush. Maybe. 
On to the shadows. As I did not only buy the Firefly-collection, I added one from the Timey Wimey (Dr Who) and one from the Superneutrals. And I got one sample from Scapers ^^




Look at that sparkley awesomeness in the sun!

 And then for some names and facts.. ish. 
(If theres no collection name, its from the Big Damn Heroes)
Yotz! is the sample from the Scapers-collection. Is a bright fushia with purple shimmer and purple glitter. That shimmer and glitter is awesome and I love it even though I don't use these kinds of colors!
Little Albatross was the one that disappointed me a bit, not the greatest pigmentation, all though its pretty. Maybe it would be better over a sticky base 
(Mal calls River a Little albatross at one point.)
Ambassador is even prettier irl than I thought it will be! This maroon/plummy color is filled with golden sparkles! 
(Mal refers jokingly Inara as an ambassador)
Inevitable Betrayal just makes me laugh, not the most original shade, but it makes sense! While bored, Wash, the pilot, plays with some toy dinosaurs. I need to actually quote this. Sorry.
(as Stegosaurus) "We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... 'This Land'."(as T-Rex) "I think we should call it...your grave!"(Stegosaurus) "Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Very Fine Hat is a bit difficult to describe I think. Its dark, with gold shimmer. Complex!
(Yet again, Captain Mal is making up funny stuff about other characters. "Maybe I'm not a fancy gentleman like you with your... very fine hat")
Captain Tightpants, a golden copper. Really pretty! 
(Kaylee gets a bit annoyed with Mal, and calls him Captain Tightpants. Kaylee <3)
We Are Coming (Timey Wimey) This. Shade. Is. Gorgeous. Seriously! So complex! I don't even know how to describe it!
Rock Salt (Superneutrals) is kind of lika a diamond like shimmer with lots of  glitter in silver. Cool!

And a movie to show the glitter :D

Sorry if I rambled on a bit too much, but I really got excited about this! ^^ I wanna spend my summer watching Firefly on and on again. And maybe Dr Who, because I should. 

You can get these shadows, and more cool stuff, at Geek Chic Cosmetics!