Aug 29, 2013

Review: Glossybox London Calling

Glossybox released a special box, created because of the love for brittish brands.
This box was sold out in less than 24 hours, and I was one of the people that was too late. Fortunately, a few of the swedish bloggers had a sort of an competition that one could win, and one of the ones was me. So thanks a bunch, Sanna at Purity Beauty!




This box contained eight fullsize products!

Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat (10 ml)
- A fastdrying and glossy top coat. You know what? This top coat easily beats Seche Vite. I think it actually dries a bit faster than SV, it does not have that gloopy formula, no tip shrinkage and it does not discolour white nailpolishes. It's a bit more expensive though, but with SV you need to buy a bottle of Restore, or trow out the bottle when it's half done. Go go Caviar Top Coat!

Steamcream All-In-One Natural Moisturiser For Face, Body & Hands (75g)
 - I can't figure out it I like this or not. It's too oily for my face, but not moistureising enough for body or hands. I dont know. I like the smell though. Hint of lavender and herbs (a friend of mine said it smelled like mosquito repellants..Boys..) The jar is pretty though! All brittish and stuff, haha.

NailGirls London - White#1(10 ml)
 - Not the greatest white nailpolish, but not the worst. Two heavily coats would cover the nail, but make it gloopy. Three thin ones would be the better choice, but with the forumla it was quite hard. Free from Toluene, Camphor, Formaldehyde and Dibutyl Phthalate!

 

Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner - Black (1,2g)
 - At first, I looooved this eyeliner! It was pigmented, easy to use and the filtpoint was awesome. Then 2-3 weeks later, it started to dry and I can barely do a wing without using it a couple of times. Bah. Too bad, I really liked it.. 

MeMeMe Cosmetics Beat The Blues Skin Illuminator - Oyster Gold (12 ml)
 - Score! Such a pretty highlighter! A weird, nailpolish-like applicator that I don't use. Love love love the product though!

Helene É Cosmetics Lasting Lip Colour - Caribbean (3,5 g)
- I don't really know about the 'lasting' part, but for a coral-ish coloured lipstick, I am quite fond of it. 

Mitchell And Peach Luxury Hand Cream (60ml)
- Luxury? Meh. I don't know. It's hand cream. It's not sticky and it gets into the skin quite quckily. Don't know about the smell either, it says to contain herbs and honey. Herb I definitly get, but .. No.. Meh. 

Batiste Dry Scampoo - Blush (50 ml - Travelsize)
- Batiste is a staple in my home. It's cheap, easy, smells nice and does the trick. 

Swatches of the Skin Illuminator, the eyeliner and the lipstick

Wearing the Illuminator, the eyeliner and the lipstick!

 More stuff from the box! A overview of the products and a little makeup bah