Sep 20, 2016

Swatch: Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick - Scorpio

Before I start, yes yes I know about the whole Jeffree Star scandal that exploded recently. I have chosen to stay away from his brand before, because I can't really stand him. But then a friend of mine gave me this as a birthday present, and I'm not hating it. It's a really cool colour!


 You can't tell me what to do! It's my lips and I make out if I want to!





First of, this colour is divine! That cool, weird, greyish purple. Yum.
Second, that doe foot is really easy to use. I do prefer a lip brush to get precise and sharp edges, but the doe foot works in a pinch
Third, the claim. "Our liquid lipstick goes on opaque, dries completely matte and stays on for hours!"
Mjeh. My friend, who is obsessed with the velour lipstick, was a bit disappointed by the forumula on this. It does go on opaque, after a whiiiile it dries down and becomes matte. But it takes a while. And it does not stay on for hours. Acutally, it doesnt stay on very well at all, for being a liquid matte lipstick. It works more like an ordinary lipstick in that sense. It transfers and smudges. 

Sells for $18.00 at JeffreeStarCosmetics.com